ASLO Committee members serve staggered terms, so new members are needed each year for every standing committee, and "new blood" is often needed on both ad hoc and standing committees. Students and early career members are encouraged to volunteer for committee service! Please contact the ASLO President or any Officer for additional information about the particular committees. Most committee work is done by e-mail or online forums, and face-to-face sessions during ASLO meetings. Occasionally a pressing task will require a committee to hold a teleconference.
The following shows the current ASLO committees. Ad hoc committees are formed as needed and charged with a specific task. If the task is completed within three years, the committee is dissolved. If the task takes longer, members are reappointed or replaced. Tenure on standing committees varies by committee. Committee chairs are replaced or reappointed annually. Input from new committee members is always welcome and needed. If you would like more information about a particular committee, please contact the ASLO Business Office.
For more information about each committee, click on the links below.
Awards and Citations Executive Committee
- G. Evelyn Hutchinson Award Committee
- Raymond L. Lindeman Award Committee
- A.C. Redfield Lifetime Achievement Award Committee
- John Martin Award Committee
- Ruth Patrick Award Committee
- Ramón Margalef Award for Excellence in Education Committee
- Yentsch-Schindler Early Career Award Committee
Education and Human Resources Committee
- Early Career Subcommittee
- Online Media Subcommittee
- Outreach Subcommittee
- Teaching and Mentoring Subcommittee
- Student Resources and Activities Subcommittee
Other Standing Committees
- Professional Ethics Committee
- Publications Committee
- Public Policy Committee
- Finance Committee
- Meetings Committee
- Nominations Committee