- Beck, H. N., Cohen, A., McKenzie, T., Weisend, R., Wilkins, K. W., & Woodstock, M. S. (2019). Broadening Horizons: Graduate Students Participating in International Collaborations through the Limnology and Oceanography Research Exchange (LOREX) Program. Limnology and Oceanography Bulletin, 28(3), 85-89.
- McKenzie, T., Holloway, C., Dulai, H., Tucker, J. P., Sugimoto, R., Nakajima, T., ... & Santos, I. R. (2020). Submarine groundwater discharge: A previously undocumented source of contaminants of emerging concern to the coastal ocean (Sydney, Australia). Marine Pollution Bulletin, 160, 111519.
- Rosa‐Marín, A. (2020). Before, During, and After the Association for the Science of Limnology and Oceanography Multicultural Program. Limnology and Oceanography Bulletin, 29(2), 45-47.
- Cziesielski, M. J., Hughes, H., Love, C., Rosa Marín, A., Nowakowski, C., & Wilkins, K. W. (2021). Channeling Hope for Reefs: A Series of Perspectives from Young Coral Reef Scientists. Limnology and Oceanography Bulletin, 30(1), 12-13.
- Wilkins, K. W., Rosa Marín, A., Cziesielski, M. J., Hughes, H., Love, C., & Nowakowski, C. (2021) Short- and Long-Term Visions for Protecting Coral Reefs. Limnology and Oceanography Bulletin, 30(1), 13-15.
- Nowakowski, C., Hughes, H., Love, C., Rosa Marín, A., Wilkins, K. W., & Cziesielski, M. J. (2021) Communicating Hope for Coral Reefs. Limnology and Oceanography Bulletin, 30(1), 15-16.
- Love, C., Cziesielski, M. J., Hughes, H., Nowakowski, C., Rosa Marín, A., & Wilkins, K. W. (2021) Rethinking Collaboration for Coral Reef Science. Limnology and Oceanography Bulletin, 30(1), 16-18.
- Hughes, H., Cziesielski, M. J., Love, C., Nowakowski, C., Rosa Marín, A., & Wilkins, K. W. (2021) Looking to the Future: Perspectives from the Next Generation of Coral Scientists. Limnology and Oceanography Bulletin, 30(1), 18-19.
- Wilkins, K. W. & Rosa Marín, A. (2021) Creating More Inclusive Waters in the Aquatic Sciences. Limnology and Oceanography Bulletin, 30(1), 23.
- Riley B, Seekell D (2021) Stream diatom assemblages in an Arctic catchment: Diversity and relationship to ecosystem-scale primary production. Arctic Science. https://doi.org/10.1139/AS-2020-0060
- Wilkins, K.W., Rosa-Marín, A., Weisend, R.E. and Kurosawa, E. (2020), Benefits, Challenges, and Opportunities for International Research Collaborations: Perspectives from the Limnology and Oceanography Research Exchange. Limnology and Oceanography Bulletin, 29: 125-130. https://doi.org/10.1002/lob.10412
- Moody, A.A., Santos, I.R., Shiller, A.M., 2022. Groundwater-derived U and Ba exports from a coastal acid sulfate soil (CASS) catchment following rain events. Estuar. Coast. Shelf Sci. 270, 107838. https://doi.org/10.1016/J.ECSS.2022.107838
- Ashley Brooke Cohen (2020). Smelly Mud and Sight-Seeing: Science and Adventuring in Israel Through LOREX. ASLO. San Diego, CA.
- Trista McKenzie (2020). Adventures in International Collaboration in Australia Through the LOREX Program. ASLO. San Diego, CA.
- Hannah Glover (2020). Building a Global Scientific Community through Meaningful Exchange and Communication. ASLO. San Diego, CA.
- Wiley Wolfe (2020). How to make garlic soup, and other suggestions for successful international collaboration. ASLO. San Diego, CA.
- Jeffrey Reeve Nielson (2020). International Research Collaboration Beyond Email and Skype: The Benefits of an In-Person Experience through LOREX. ASLO. San Diego, CA.
- Eilea Knotts (2020). Living the LOREX through Dalhousie: Lessons Learned, Friendships Made, and Career Development Accomplished. ASLO. San Diego, CA.
- Stephanie Owens (2020). Measuring Copepod Growth Rates in Northern Sweden: Challenges and Rewards of International Collaboration. ASLO. San Diego, CA.
- Hannah Beck (2020). Planning an Experiment for International Collaboration: How I Learned to Be Flexible and Pace Myself. ASLO. San Diego, CA.
- Matthew Woodstock (2020). Take a Hike: Utilizing Excursions to Create a Positive Work-Life Balance. ASLO. San Diego, CA.
- Emily Chua (2020). “There is No Such Thing as a Failed Experiment” and Other Lessons International Research Taught Me. ASLO. San Diego, CA.
- Adina Paytan (2020). Limnology and Oceanography Research Exchange (LOREX) for Graduate Students - Learn about this opportunity to conduct successful international collaborative research. ASLO. San Diego, CA.
- Hintz, C. (2021) International, Collaborative Research from a Graduate Student Perspective: The Opportunities and Challenges. ASLO, 2021 Aquatic Sciences Virtual Meeting.
- Hintz, C. (2021) How is Diel Nitrate Variation Coupled to N Limitation in Arctic Streams? ASLO, 2021 Aquatic Sciences Virtual Meeting.
- Woodstock, M. (2021) SciComm beyond LOREX: How an International Research Program Inspired Future Science Communication Efforts. ASLO, 2021 Aquatic Sciences Virtual Meeting.
- Beck, H. (2021) Conducting an Experiment When You’re Out of Your Depth: Tips from Someone Who’s Been There. ASLO, 2021 Aquatic Sciences Virtual Meeting.
- Cohen, A. (2021) Smelly mud and sight-seeing: science and adventures in Israel through the ASLO Limnology and Oceanography Research Exchange Program. ASLO, 2021 Aquatic Sciences Virtual Meeting
- Wilkins, K., & Rosa Marín, A. (2020). STEM Experiences Abroad Shape Graduate Students to be Competent Professionals-Evidence from the LOREX Program. In AGU Fall Meeting Abstracts (Vol. 2020, pp. ED001-01).
- Kelsey Poulson-Ellestad - Writing Effective Title, Abstracts, and Keywords
- Maha J. Cziesielsk - Becoming a Global Citizen
- LOREX Cohort 1 - Handbook for International Research Collaborations
- Eilea R. Knotts - Critical Incident Analysis Workshop
- Eilea R. Knotts - Blogging 101
- Adina Paytan - Scientific Writing and Publishing
Open events at 2020 Ocean Sciences Meeting
- Workshop – Improv to Improve Collaboration
- Townhall meeting – “ Limnology and Oceanography Research Exchange (LOREX) for Graduate Students”
- Contributed Session - “Adventures, Challenges and Benefits of Conducting International Collaborative Research”
Five LOREX interns
- Maddie Mette - was an intern during proposal development, participated as a panelist and mentor at the ASM;
- Edna Fernandez – ASLO intern Sep 2018 – Mar 2019 during launch of LOREX, interacted with students at ASM and helped with program communications during her internship;
- Maha Cziesielski - LOREX assistant summer and fall 2019, participated as mentor and gave presentation at ASM;
- Brittany Schieler - ASLO Sci Comm intern Apr 2019 to present; working with students on their blogs and assisting with program communications
- Eilea Knotts – ASLO Sci Comm intern Jan 2020 to present; participant in the first cohort of LOREX; working with first cohort students to create a living handbook on how to conduct international research; working on the formal mentoring software to facilitate engagement and communication among and between LOREX cohorts.
Formal Mentoring Program using the software company, Qooper to maximize engagement and interactions
- In addition to allowing hosts and student participants to match, this platform allows students to match with each other as well. This creates an opportunity to facilitate peer-to-peer mentoring between cohorts across years and sites.
- The group discussion feature allows for interactions beyond a 1:1 relationship to occur. This is especially useful for any collaborative writing projects.
- The auto-match algorithm enables participants to find and make connections they may not have made otherwise.
- The platform provides the ability for mentoring pairs to chat, video call, set meetings, share resources, and set goals and assignments.
Additional Website Articles and Blogs
- LOREX (The Limnology and Oceanography Research Exchange) – Article
- GSO student selected for international research program – Article
- Alanna Mnich: Marine science scholar – Article
- Limnology and Oceanography Research Exchange (LOREX) provides students with international research opportunity – Blog
- International Connections– Blog