Poster Presentation Guide
Please read the poster section of ASLO’s guide on preparing a successful presentation.
Posters prepared for the ASLO 2023 ASM are vertically-oriented and must be exactly 841 mm x 1188 mm (33 1/8 in x 46 13/16 in). Preparation suggestions and any specific instructions will be posted at a later date.
Posters will be presented depending upon the poster session to which you are assigned. You will be notified of your poster session’s time and day well in advance of the meeting, and you will be expected to be available to present your poster during your designated poster session. Poster presenters are asked to adhere to designated set-up and tear-down instructions and times. These times will be sent once the schedule is established.
Each poster will be assigned a number. You will put your poster next to this number, affixing to the board with double-sided tape.
Important note regarding poster presentations: The convention decorator may discard posters if the presenting author does not dismantle them according to tear-down instructions and times.
Constructing Your Poster
Your poster should be exactly 841 mm x 1188 mm (33 1/8 in x 46 13/16 in). If your poster exceeds these specifications, it may be subject to removal.
The presentation must cover the material as cited in your abstract.
- Place the title of your paper and your paper number prominently at the top of the poster board to allow viewers to identify your paper. Indicate 1) the abstract’s presentation number, 2) title, and 3) authors’ names.
- Highlight the authors’ names, e-mails, and address information in case the viewer is interested in contacting you for more information.
- Prepare all diagrams or charts neatly and legibly. Paragraph and figure caption text should be AT LEAST 24-point font (0.9 cm height) and headers AT LEAST 36-point font (1.2 cm height).
- Use different colors and textures/symbols for each line or bar contained in your graph or chart. A serif font (e.g., Times) is often easier for reading main text, and a non-serif font (e.g., Arial or Helvetica) for headers and figure labels.
- Organize the paper on the poster so it is clear, orderly, and self-explanatory. You have complete freedom in displaying your information in figures, tables, text, photographs, etc.
- Use squares, rectangles, circles, etc., to group similar ideas. Avoid cluttering your poster with too much text. Label different elements as I, II, III; or 1, 2, 3; or A, B, C, making it easier for a viewer to follow your display.
- Include the background of your research followed by results and conclusions. A successful poster presentation depends on how well you convey information to an interested audience.
Save your poster as a PDF.
Printing Your Poster
You may print your poster and bring it with you or you may have your poster printed locally and delivered to you at the convention center. Instructions for on-site printing and delivery will be available closer to the meeting start.
Printing posters in Mallorca is possible through the local company, Impresrapit (https://impresrapit.com/) which is in charge of photocopies and poster printing at the University of the Balearic Islands. Those interested should send their poster in pdf format to the email address: [email protected]
In the subject of the email, please indicate the concept: ASLO_PALMA_POSTER together with your name (surname and first name). The cost of the printing service on 150 gr paper with dimensions of 841 x 1189 mm is 33 € + VAT. The deadline to send the request to print is on May 26, 2023, at 13:00H UTC and Impresrapit will send the bank account number for you to pay for the service.
The ASLO local committee will take care of collecting the posters from Impresrapit and transporting them to the congress venue so that you can pick it up on checking in at the registration desk. In order to have effective control of the posters that have been sent to print, once the posters have been paid to Impresrapit, we ask that you also send a copy of the paid receipt along with the title, authors, and session of the poster to the following email address: [email protected].
You can use this service to save yourself from the problems of transporting an object the size of a DINA0 poster by plane.
Poster Set-up and Tear-down
Posters should be put up on Monday, 5 June between 08:30 and 18:00. Posters are in two areas and consecutively number. There will be volunteers in the poster area on the ground floor to direct you to your poster space and provide double-sided tape to put your poster up. Do not laminate your poster-it will be too heavy to stick to the poster board.
Posters must be removed from the poster areas on Friday, 9 June between 1200 and 1700. We encourage posters to remain up all week. Any posters left after 1700 on Friday, 9 June will be disposed of by the congress center and cannot be retrieved.