Starting in 1990, the ASLO Multicultural Program has brought over 1,200 diverse undergraduate and graduate students to the annual ASLO meetings. Many have gone on for careers in the aquatic sciences. A key feature of ASLOMP is the meeting-mentor program. Mentors help guide the students through the meetings and bring them into the greater network of aquatic scientists. ASLOMP meeting mentors are expected to:
- Have a doctoral degree,
- Attend an online training meeting,
- Have a virtual meeting with their mentees prior to ASM.
- Be on site for an in person meeting with their mentees on Sunday, 4 June, at 16:00,
- Be available to meet with their mentees once each day of the meetings,
- If possible, to attend their mentee’s presentation,
- To introduce their mentees to at least three other scientists.
If you have any questions about the program or the requirements, please contact Benjamin Cuker, firstname.lastname@example.org, ASLO Multicultural Program Director.