Social Media and Photo Guidelines
Social Media Best Practices
We welcome social media use at the ASLO 2023 Aquatic Science Meeting. We do ask social media users to adhere to the following:
- All social media related to the meeting will go through ASLO's main social media channels (see top-left of page).
- Include the meeting hashtag #aslo2023.
- Employ commonly used hashtags that relate to the content to increase engagement.
- Treat all participants, attendees, ASLO staff, and vendors with respect and consideration, valuing a diversity of views and opinions.
- Be respectful and collaborative; communicate openly and with respect for others, critiquing ideas rather than individuals.
- Avoid personal attacks directed toward other attendees, participants, ASLO staff, and suppliers/vendors.
- Credit (identify) presenters by name.
Photography and Recording Guidelines
Meeting policy does not allow recording of individual talks, poster images, or sessions. This includes the opening plenary session as well as the poster and oral presentations that will take place throughout the week. Additionally, audio taping, videotaping, or photographing presentations, including slides and posters, is not allowed at the meeting.