Session Chair Information
How Sessions Are Chosen
There is a limited number of time slots and rooms for oral sessions. Sessions that receive a large number of abstracts will receive a number of oral slots based on the percentage of all oral abstract submitted. As such, in the event that your session does not reach an adequate number of abstract submissions, as defined by the Program Committee, your sessions may be merged with another appropriate scientific session. In this case session chairs will work with their program committee representative on potential merges. Please notify your program committee representative if you have any suggestions on potential merges.
Sessions, both oral and poster, will be held in Palma with the addition of a small virtual program. When filling out the session proposal form, please select which type of session you want to chair, oral or poster-only, and in-person or virtual. Once abstract submission starts, these choices are not reversible.
- Oral: In-person. Sessions that contain 12 minute talks, with 3 minutes for Q&A.
- Posters-only: In-person. Standard poster sessions will be held onsite.
- 6-5-30 Session: Virtual. One hour sessions with six five-minute speakers and 30 minutes of discussion.
There may be virtual poster sessions, but any virtual poster session will be attached to 6-5-30 session that has more presentations than can be accommodated.
Invited Author Policies
Sessions chairs may invite one presentation/presenter to be designated as "invited."
- Please give your invited author at least two weeks to accept the invitation and submit their abstract.
- An individual may not accept more than one invitation to submit an abstract to a session.
- Invited authors must pay abstract submission fees. All abstract submission fees are nonrefundable. Refunds will not be issued if policies are violated, or an abstract is rejected.
- Invited authors do not receive waived or discounted registration fees or travel reimbursements.
Session chairs may designate one and only one presentation as a tutorial no matter how many oral session lots comprise that session. Tutorials take up two 15-minute oral slots.
- Please give your tutorial author at least two weeks to accept the tutorial invitation and submit their abstract.
- Tutorial authors must pay abstract submission fees. All abstract submission fees are nonrefundable. Refunds will not be issued if policies are violated, or an abstract is rejected.
- Tutorial authors do not receive waived or discounted registration fees or travel reimbursements.
At least one of the chairs (the primary liaison) must be available after the abstract submission deadline and during the scheduling period to respond to any program committee requests.