The University of Arkansas is directing a Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) Assessment and Sustainable Management of Ecosystem Services at the Nexus of FOOD, ENERGY, and WATER.
• This provides 12 undergraduate students with a valuable opportunity to explore the field of scientific research with guidance from UA faculty researchers.
• What’s the focus? water quality, sustainability, biofuels, and other topics related to the environment
• How much does it pay? students will receive $5,500 over the course of the summer, get free food and lodging, and even travel assistance. The program runs for 10 weeks from May 28-Aug 2, 2019.
• Who should apply? undergraduate students who want to get research experience
• Native Americans and other underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply
• When is the deadline? We will begin reviewing applications after January 15, 2019, but positions are open until filled.