Social Media and Photo Guidelines
Social Media Best Practices
We welcome social media use at the ASLO-SFS 2020 Joint Summer Meeting. We do ask social media users to adhere to the following:
- Include the meeting hashtag #aslosfs20.
- Employ commonly used hashtags that relate to the content to increase engagement.
- Treat all participants, attendees, ASLO and SFS staff, and vendors with respect and consideration, valuing a diversity of views and opinions.
- Be respectful and collaborative; communicate openly and with respect for others, critiquing ideas rather than individuals.
- Avoid personal attacks directed toward other attendees, participants, ASLO and SFS staff, and suppliers/vendors.
- Credit (identify) presenters by name.
Photography and Recording Guidelines
Meeting policy does not allow recording of individual talks, poster images, or sessions. This includes the opening plenary session as well as the poster and oral presentations that will take place throughout the week. Additionally, audio taping, videotaping, or photographing presentations, including slides and posters, is not allowed at the meeting.
Photography by individuals for personal use and for social media is allowed at social events, in the Exhibit Hall and in public spaces throughout the ASLO-SFS 2020 Joint Summer Meeting.
Do not take or share photographs of individuals under 18 on social media without explicit verbal or written permission of a parent or guardian.