Have you published in or read articles from an ASLO journal? Attended an ASLO meeting? Are you interested in targeted professional development programs to enhance your skills and expand your job prospects? We invite you to join thousands of your colleagues from around the globe who are members of ASLO and who enjoy an array of exclusive benefits available only to members. We want to be your professional society! Publish in our journals and join us at our conferences!
Who We Are and What We Do
Supporting our members and promoting their science have been at the heart of ASLO’s mission since 1948. ASLO works hard to constantly improve and increase the services and programs we offer our members. In 2019 alone, ASLO provided over $735,000 USD in member discounts for publishing and conferences. This included conference travel grants to support students, early-career researchers, and members from developing countries, many of whom were affected by Hurricane Maria. This represents discounts of more than $175 USD per member, returning outstanding value to our members!
Our high-impact Journals continue to publish the most seminal research across limnology and oceanography. Global subscriptions to ASLO journals have increased by 786% since 2014. ASLO authors enjoy wide distribution, access, and readership of their papers. Full-text downloads have soared more than 158% since 2014. There has never been a better time to publish in an ASLO journal!
- Our newest open access journal, L&O Letters, just received its debut Impact Factor from Clarivate in June 2020 - 5.24, ranking it # 1 in Limnology and #2 in Oceanography!
- L&O, our flagship journal and the jewel in the crown of ASLO publishing, has an IF of 3.77, ranking it #3 in Limnology and #5 in Oceanography!
- L&O Methods has an IF of 2.44, ranking it #4 in Limnology and #23 in Oceanography!
- L&O Bulletin – our member communications journal is your one-stop shop for cutting-edge articles, professional development pieces, society news, and viewpoints on important topics of interest to aquatic scientists across the career spectrum.
Our Conferences attract thousands of aquatic scientists from around the world every year to present their most cutting-edge research, foster new collaborations, network with their peers, and enjoy an array of sessions, plenaries, workshops, field trips, and special events. Just since 2014, ASLO has held TEN conferences – both singly and jointly with our sister societies – that drew a grand total of 32,929 attendees, with over 30,000 presentations, 16,000 posters, and 150 workshops.
We have several exciting conferences coming up ─Mallorca, Spain Aquatic Sciences Meeting in June 2021; Honolulu Ocean Sciences Meeting in February 2022; and Grand Rapids Joint Aquatic Sciences Meeting in May 2022. Join ASLO and join us for these exciting conferences!
As an ASLO Member, you will enjoy many benefits including
- Full electronic access to allASLO journals included with your membership dues, so you can read ASLO journals anywhere, anytime, by simply logging in with your membership credentials.
- Discounts when you publish in ASLO journals. ASLO is one of only a handful of society journals that still offer these significant discounts on author publications fees ─ 33% discount on page charges and 22% discount on APCs for Open Access papers.
- Discounts on Conference Registration up to 25%.
- Member-only conference travel grants for students and early career professionals, totaling $30,000 USD (Summer Meetings) and $60,000 USD (Aquatic Science Meetings).
- Member-only 35% discount on Wiley print books, unlimited quantities, no minimum order.
- Exclusive member-only high-impact professional development opportunities for our student and early-career members, including the Science Communication Internship and the LOREX program, the latter of which is fostering first-time collaborations and international exchanges between labs and ASLO.
- Member-only access to apply for the Raelyn Cole Editorial Fellowship, a first of its kind ASLO early-career opportunity for training in the art of scientific editing.
- Member-only ASLO Fellows Program, which has now recognized over 140 Sustaining and Regular Fellows.
Our member dues are one of the best values among all aquatic science professional societies.
|Early Career (Postgrads, within six years of terminal degree)||$50|
|Developing Country Regular||$20|
|Developing Country Students||$0|
Join ASLO Now
We want you to be a part of the ASLO community. Please consider joining our growing global and vibrant professional society and enjoy the many benefits membership offers. New members who join for 2021 will receive the remainder of 2020 membership for free. We look forward to serving you! Click here to join ASLO now.