The Lab was near Toulon, not far from Villefranche or Monaco on the French Riveria. Yet another marine institute which no longer exists. It is now used as a 'terrestrial center' by the University of Lyon (France). Base image scanned from a photo in: Kofoid, C.A. 1910. 'The Biological Stations of Europe' US Bureau of Education Bull No. 4. Kofoid visited stations in Europe during the summers of 1908 and 1909 to acquire ideas for the construction of Scripps in La Jolla.