ASLO 2013 Mentoring Program
ASLO will offer a mentoring program at the Aquatic Sciences Meeting in New Orleans. Designed for novice meeting attendees, students, or early career scientists, mentees will be matched one-on-one with an experienced scientist who can help mentees navigate the meeting. You may indicate your interest in being a mentor or a mentee when you register for the meeting. If you have any questions, please contact Bob Chen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mentors should be able to do the following:
- Email contact Mentee at least one week before meeting
- Discuss objectives of meeting (sharing science, networking, career opportunities, learn new science content, etc)
- Meet Mentee in person at an ice-breaker mixer
- Introduce Mentee to at least 5 colleagues
- Meet Mentee again later in the week, for lunch, break, at posters, etc. Answer any questions, reflect on science sessions, mentee presentation.
- Willingness to be easily identified as a mentor at the meeting.
Mentees should be able to do the following:
- Email contact with Mentor at least one week in advance.
- Meet Mentor in person at an ice-breaker mixer.
- Meet Mentor again during meeting to ask questions or reflect on meeting so far.