Algenol is seeking to fill one full-time Research Associate position in its Algal Physiology Group to perform research aimed at understanding and optimizing photosynthetic carbon fixation and ethanol production. A strong background in algal photobiology with cyanobacteria experience is desirable.
1. Conduct sound scientific experiments and protocols
2. Participate directly in bioreactor and experiment setup and execution
3. Perform both routine and complex laboratory analyses
4. Provide accurate data assessment and report results
5. Work closely with principal investigators and other researchers
6. Support general lab and equipment maintenance
1. B.S. or M.S. in Biology, Botany, Marine Biology, Phycology, Limnology, Biochemistry, or comparable discipline
2. Knowledge of algal/cyanobacteria physiology, physiological ecology, and photobiology
3. Familiar and experienced with general lab practices, lab safety rules, and basic scientific equipment for the field
4. Ability to work independently but also to integrate well with small working groups and to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
5. Well versed in the use of personal computers and Microsoft Office applications
6. Fluent in written and spoken English
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
1. Direct lab or field research experience with algal/phytoplankton physiology
2. Familiar with photosynthetic pigment analysis
3. Experience with PE curve generation and analysis using both oxygen evolution and C‑14 fixation measurements
4. Experience with pulse amplitude modulated (PAM) fluorometry measurements with cyanobacteria
Applicants must submit their cover letter; curriculum vitae; and name, address, and email of three references as one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org
and reference Job Code (PRA-09) in the subject line. Applicants indicate their time frame of availability in their cover letter. Review of applications will begin immediately until the position is filled. Only applications meeting the outlined qualifications and providing all requested information will be considered.
Algenol offers a generous compensation package including competitive salary commensurate with experience; performance-based bonus; medical, dental, and life insurance; 401(k) plan; paid vacation time; and childcare benefits. Algenol is an equal opportunity employer.