The Saudi Aramco Marine Environmental Research Center at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) is seeking a Software Engineer for Marine Sciences. The software engineer will
be instrumental in overseeing the software and database systems for the Center. This effort covers a broad scope of effort that includes embedded systems, telemetered data streams, workflows for various types of oceanographic instrumentation and sampling regimes, a database structure to organize the data flows and to persist oceanographic data, and connectivity with an operational GIS capability.
The responsibilities for the position include:
- Develop workflows for data streams from oceanographic autonomous
vehicles, remote sensor sites (e.g. HF radars, moorings, etc), and other
- Collaborate with hardware engineers for development of embedded systems
to manage, monitor, and telemeter remote instrumentation.
- Interface workflows from scientific instrumentation and measurements
with GIS database and analysis system.
- Development and implementation of a relational database system for
archiving historical, present and future data sets from marine biological and oceanographic research.
- Develop real-time, web-based display system for operational
oceanographic observation system that is providing multiple data streams from instrumentation and from operational 3-dimensional models.
- Work with scientists and engineers to develop new capabilities for data measurement, telemetry, assimilation into operational models and archiving.
We are looking candidates with the following capabilities:
- Java, Maven, Vaadin and Apache Tomcat