The Marine Environmental Research Center at KAUST is seeking a Marine Ecology Technician. The ideal candidate should have experience in in Marine Ecology or Marine Biology with strong laboratory and field experience, and the demonstrated ability to work effectively within multidisciplinary research teams.
The responsibilities of the position include:
1. Collecting and processing benthic samples from sensitive habitats, such as coral reefs, seagrass meadows and mangroves, at areas under contrasting anthropogenic pressures.
2. Samples will be analyzed by traditional (i.e. taxonomic analyses megabenthos only) and innovative metagenetic and metagenomic approaches.
3. Experience in environmental impact assessment studies and data analysis, and are also expected to contribute to the writing of project proposals and manuscripts.
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications:
1. MSc in Marine Ecology, Marine Biology or related field and more than 3 years of experience studying benthic communities. Candidates with sound knowledge of molecular biology methods and protocols are preferred.
2. Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
4. Experience writing formal and scientific reports.
5. The position will involve lab and fieldwork and certified scuba divers are preferred.
This job is posted as position number 2351 BR on the KAUST web site.