The Limnology and Oceanography Bulletin is a forum for the ASLO community to share and discuss developments in the field: science, education, policy or otherwise. These developments can be shared in a variety of formats, listed below:
- Articles should be of broad interest to the ASLO community and may include nontechnical reviews of a new topic, presentation of new educational approaches, or analysis of a policy impacting aquatic habitats.
- Community News items are short articles focused on an aquatic science institute, a large research program or network, or an event of broad interest to the aquatic science community.
- Letters to the Editor can be comments or responses to Articles, or pleas to the community about some aquatic science or political issue.
- Member News includes announcements concerning members of ASLO such as awards and distinctions.
- Meeting Highlights are summaries of recent meetings. The meeting should be of interest to broad segment of aquatic scientists.
- Book Reviews of recent titles in the fields of oceanography, limnology, marine biology, aquatic ecology, ecology, Aquatic science policy and management, as well as occasionally 'popular science' books.